Image Map

Friday, July 29, 2011

Friday Finds

Well, cookies, slow cookers, and pork seem to be where my mind was this week.

Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
Butterfinger Oatmeal Cookies
Baking Bites

 I really, really needed another cookie recipe.  Oh Yeah!  My daughter asked me to make some peanut butter cookies as she had a hankering for them.  Now I have lots of peanut butter cookie recipes, but decided I wanted a new Peanut Butter Oatmeal one.  Well I find one and a bonus-another recipe made with my favorite candy-Butterfingers.  I made both these recipes yesterday-delicious.

Brown Sugar and Balsamic Glazed Pork
Mostly Food and Crafts

A slow-cooker recipe that can be made with a loin or other pork roast.  Looks absolutely delicious.

Slow Cooker Thai Style Peanut Pork
Eat, Drink, Smile

I like Thai food, but the spice level is usually a bit too hot for me.  This recipe doesn't have any exotic ingredients, and I can adjust the heat level.  Another slow cooker recipe, what more can I ask.

Breaded Pork Chops with Peach Glaze
Shugary Sweets

She use a homemade "Shake and Bake" mix here so she got me at that.  Also pork and peaches are a great combo in my mind.

Brussels Sprouts with Bacon and Walnuts
Pinch My Salt

I know, I know, Brussels sprouts are not in season; and this recipe includes bacon and walnuts so how healthy can that be.  I do, however, love fresh Brussels sprouts and my husband eats them.  That to me is funny since he won't eat cooked cabbage or cauliflower.  This post was part of Fall Fest last year so there are links to other Brussels sprout recipes.  May I say her photos are gorgeous.

These are my finds for this week.  Can't wait to see all the others.

Come back later today for a recipe for a great one-step, no ice cream-maker ice cream.

Linking up to Friday Favorite Finds

2 comments:

I love to read your comments and suggestions. Hope that you enjoyed your visit to Grandma Loy"s Kitchen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...